Bird in the Nest is...
• a kid-friendly boutique with a play area, baby-changing table and nursing chair
• a family-owned store that carries new gifts as well as recycled children's clothing, toys, and gear—we even have maternity clothes and accessories
• a convenient way for you to sell or trade all of those gently used items in the garage
We are here to...
• make raising kids more environmentally friendly
• make it (a bit) more affordable to raise a family in the Bay Area
• make shopping with the little ones a comfortable and happy experience
Always a proponent of recycling and conservation, buying used seemed like the ideal way to raise our children. When expecting our first child we visited children’s resale and consignment stores while traveling; collecting treasures for our little. Without a local shop to meet our needs, the seed for Bird in the Nest was planted.
A year after our first daughter was born, we were up and running. In business for 7 years, the shop is a labor of love. Our team is a group of wonderful people, and our customers become friends as we watch them travel the path from expectant parent to parents of big kids.